Spencer's Plumbing Service INC

Quality Work at Low Rates      (704) 888-5259
Servicing the Greater Charlotte Metro Area Since 1989. 

Q:   How can I protect my pipes in the winter?
A:   Cover and insulate all exterior pipes.  Remove hoses and make sure all spigots are
      covered (cloth, foam, or any insulation).

Q:   What can I do if my garbage disposal stops working?
A:   Using a flashlight, check and remove any foreign objects in the disposal.  Press the
      reset button on the bottom of the disposal.  If applicable, rotate with an allen
      wrench on bottom center of disposal.

Q:   How do I turn off the water to my house in an emergency?
A:   Some common cut-off valves locations are: the edge of a crawl space, a box by the
      house or street, or any accessible place inside the house.  If a water shut off tool is
      not available, you can turn off the meter with a crescent wrench and a pair of pliers.

Q:   How can I stop my toilet from running continuously?
A:   Adjust water level to 1/2in. below overflow tube.  Replace any worn or warped
      rubber flapper, located at the bottom of the tank.

Q:  What do I do if my hot water heater is leaking?
A:   Check drain valves, relief valves, and elements for leaks.  If there are no visible
      leaks than the hot water heater needs to be checked by a plumber.

Q:   How can I un-clog my toilet?
A:   Plunge your toilet.  If still clogged use an auger (toilet snake).

Q:   What do I do if my drains are slow?
A:   Remove cap from clean-out located on the exterior of house.  If water flows out
      than your sewer line is stopped up and you need to call a plumber.

Website Builder